Nic Cage's Reddit AMA Became a Wholesome Internet Moment

The Cyber Tunnel
0

Nicolas Cage participated in a Reddit AMA over the weekend, and it turned out to be a memorable event for fans and Cage alike. While fan reactions have been incredibly loving and positive, it was Cage himself who seemed to enjoy it most of all.

In an interview, Cage said the support from fans meant a lot to him.

"I have been blessed to have a very loyal group of film enthusiasts who've stuck by me through thick and thin and it meant a lot to me," Cage said. "And by the way, that was the highlight of my day. We did it together, and I thought it was a terrific interview. With all the folks that asked me questions, they were really great questions, really thoughtful, and I was deeply touched."

Earlier today on Reddit, many Nic Cage fans were remarking that it was "one of the best AMAs I've read", and "an all-timer", with others remarking at how genuine Cage seemed.

"I didn't really know much about Nic Cage before the AMA honestly, but I walked about from it thinking how insightful and genuine he seemed," Reddit user CrebTheBerc wrote. "I have a lot more respect for him now (not that I didn't before, I just thought he came across as a really sincere person). He seems like a really good dude on top of everything else. I totally agree, it was a REALLY good AMA".

Cage shared a lot about his life and career during the AMA. When asked what quote of his he hates hearing in public, Cage responded, "I don’t have a problem with any of the quotes, I’m glad they remember the movie."

The actor also shared a dream role he wants to play, saying, "I would like to play Jules Verne’s Captain Nemo because of the character’s love of the ocean I share that with him."

One Reddit user asked "If only 3 of your films could be preserved for posterity, which 3 would you choose?", and Cage selected Bringing Out the Dead, Pig, and Leaving Las Vegas. And, for movies he hasn't starred in, he says the two movies he can watch over and over again are Apocalypse Now and Spirited Away. You can learn much more about the beloved actor by scrolling through the full Reddit AMA.

Cage isn't slowing down any time soon. He is starring as himself in The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, which launches later this month. And, we know Cage is set to play Dracula in the upcoming movie Renfield.

For more Nic Cage goodness, check out the role Cage wants to play in Robert Pattinson's Batman universe. Or, learn why Cage stands by every VOD movie he's ever done.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN. You can find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.



from IGN All https://ift.tt/95ezund
https://ift.tt/xy2vXPZ

Post a Comment

0Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Share your thoughts here.

Share your thoughts here.

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top